Schools, Colleges and Universities
Financial education today for a brighter tomorrow
“The students and lecturer who took part in the session found the talk to be extremely valuable and commented with positive feedback on the experience.” – Ms Ron Cambridge/Senior Lecturer/ Academic Tutor/ London Metropolitan University
“The talks were well received by all our learners who felt that they had learnt a lot about finance and their personal financial management” – Ms C Morris/ Business Coordinator/ Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College
Why we do workshops for young people?
‘84% of students stress over money’ – The National Student Money Survey 2017
‘One in five is in debt all the time of 18-30 year-olds surveyed’—Young women’s Trust Survey
With introducing financial education to the school curriculum, our business aims to help address this need by providing resources and services for the classrooms.
At What’s Your Financial Gameplan?, we develop and deliver finance products and seminars for young people in schools, colleges, universities and communities. We have reached hundreds of young people in this way. Our belief is that it is essential for young people to have the right skills, knowledge and attitudes to get the best out of their money. We also make learning about finances fun, engaging and simple.
Who we are:
Neala Okuromade a Personal Finance Author of the book series ‘What’s Your Financial Gameplan?’ is also a qualified accountant and has over 21 years’ experience in Business and Finance. Neala has been featured in/on Moneywise magazine, Informed Choice Radio, Women In Finance Blog and UK Premier Radio. Alongside this Neala has also been featured on television/radio internationally.
Michael Okuromade is a qualified Business and ICT teacher (QTS/NQT) with over 14 years experience. He has taught in mainstream schools/colleges and 6th Form for over 10 years and spent the last 4 years teaching in the SEN environment to SEBD, SEMH and PRU students from year 7-13. In addition, Michael has delivered various life skills and leadership workshops to students aged 15+ in the local community.
- We design the finance life skills workshops for young people aged 15 and over. We develop it for implementation in schools, colleges, universities and communities.
- We can deliver the Workshops as part of the PHSE, Citizenship, Business, Maths or Economics curriculum.
- We can also use these resources as part of enrichment activities, enterprise days and assemblies.
- The workshops can last for over an hour, half a day or a full day. We also run a series of sessions over a 3 to 6-week period depending on what is more appropriate for your students.
We cover the following topics in these workshops:
- Goal setting and aspirations
- Habits good and bad
- Simple budgeting
- Debt—types of debt
- Simple steps for getting out of debt
- Basics of a credit report
- Easy steps to savings
- Student finance and student money—what you need to know
- Common facts about young people and money
1. Power point presentation
2. Video clips
3. Q & A
4. Small group discussions
Workshops we offer:
- Block booking 4-6 Weeks
- Full day ½ day workshop
- 2 hour workshop
In addition, we are compiling dates for School/College/University tour for the 2019/20 academic year. Please let us know if this would interest you and when, as dates can become full.
Contact details: Phone 07887550129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings or further details.